Friday, July 10, 2009

ISRAEL?!?!

We went to my weekly OB appointment yesterday, and Dr. Goldman said that he is pleased that the bloodwork from the hospital came back okay. I do NOT have pre-eclampsia or HELLP Syndrome, which was what they were worried about. The diagnosis of Gestational Thrombocytopenia stands, but that alone is nothing that would force an early delivery. What concerns him is the fact that I have a lot of different "factors" that could change (rising blood pressure, swelling, low platelets, spilling traces of protein, etc.) - so he just wants to keep a closer eye on me. (My first thought... closer than once a week? Do you want me to move in with you, Doctor?) :)

Well, not exactly... instead, he told me that he would be headed out of town - to ISRAEL to be exact - for the next two weeks. Before I completely freaked out, he said that he would be transferring my "main care" to the doctor I saw in the hospital, Dr. Morton. I'm actually very comfortable with this, because Michael & I really liked Dr. Morton. She was so easy to talk to and was very knowledgable - she even knew about POTS! This doesn't mean that she will be the one to deliver Savannah, but she will be my primary contact until our little girl is born (or until Dr. Goldman returns from his trip to the Holy Lands...). I'll go back to see her for my next office visit on Tuesday - less than a week - to be sure things are still going well.

Dr. Goldman did give me one last "going away present" during yesterday's appointment... a "vigorous exam" (his words). He said that while it's not necessary for me to deliver right now, he wouldn't be upset if I went into labor, hence the "vigor." He told me that I'm now 1.5 cm dialated and am starting to efface... of course, after the "vigorous exam" I'm figuring I've got to be at least 4-5 cm! I'm not sure, but I think he may have been searching to see if I still have my tonsils. I could have told him an easier way to check that out! ;)

Needless to say, I've received a lot of information in the past 3 days (scroll down to other entries if you haven't had a chance to read the blog lately) - so I was a little stressed by the time we left the office. I'm doing a bit better now. I know that I just have to relax and trust that God will give me the strength to get through any kind of delivery that I need to, and that our little girl will be here soon for Michael & me to hold and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!