Monday, October 12, 2009

Big News & A Visit to the Pumpkin Patch

Big news first... and then I'll share some pictures! :) We've made some big decisions lately, and Savannah has made several big strides in the past week or two. Here we go...
  • I've decided to stay home with Savannah for the rest of the school year. This was an agonizing decision for me. I've been teaching (in one form or another) for 12 years, so that had become a major part of my identity. It was hard to give that up... but in the end, we decided it was definitely worth the sacrifices we'll have to make in order for me to be here with Savannah every day. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so excited to be a STAY AT HOME MOM!!!
  • Savannah has started to "talk" more (in other words, she's cooing and making cute little "ahhh... ooohhh..." sounds) in the past couple of weeks, and she's smiling at us a lot.

  • We have an "entertainer" that is attached to Savannah's stroller. It's got little frogs and mirrors that play songs & spin around. Just this week, Savannah has figured out that if she kicks the frogs, they will spin around... a big treat for her! She loves to kick the frogs and then squeal when they move. Very cute!

  • On Sunday, I put Savannah down for Tummy Time and instead of screaming (her usual reaction), she decided it was time to push herself up and look around. Here's a picture (not a great one, but all we've got for right now):

  • Savannah & I went to Spartanburg for a few days last week, and while there we visited a Pumpkin Patch. We got some cute pictures, so here's a peek into our adventure:

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin...



Mommy, how many pictures do we have to take? I'm getting tired!


Four Generations!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!