Thursday, September 24, 2009

Two Month Well Visit

Savannah had her two month well visit on Tuesday... which meant the beginning of her vaccinations... three shots & one oral dose this time. We met with the doctor first, and she said everything looked great. Savannah weighed 9 pounds, 8 ounces and measured in at 22 inches. She's in the 50th percentile for length and between the 25th-50th percentile for weight. Obviously, she's not taking after her mother in those areas yet... I was always in the 90th percentile for weight and length! :)

When it came time to give Savannah the vaccinations, it was also almost time for her to eat. Knowing how much she loves to eat, I was prepared with a bottle ... as soon as she had the three shots, I grabbed her and gave her the bottle. She was a brave little soldier. She did scream bloody murder when the three needles punctured her little legs, but once she had her "Mommy Milk" she was happy again. And I'm pleased to report that Mommy didn't even cry! (I think I was just so busy trying to get her bottle to her, I didn't have time to react - and by the time I did, she was happy again!)

Savannah is moving up to Size 1 diapers (she's been in Newborns until yesterday) and is now drinking 4 ounces of milk, rather than 3, at each feeding. We're thrilled that she's growing enough to move out of the Newborn diapers... BUT the Size 1's don't have that fabulous little green line that tells us that she needs a new diaper! I guess it's time for Mommy & Daddy to grow up, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!