Monday, August 24, 2009

First Night in the Crib

It's 3:33 a.m. and I'm sitting in our office, watching Savannah on the baby monitor. We're working on her learning to put herself to sleep - which means we get her relaxed & then put her in the crib & just let her cry it out. It's SO HARD to watch her scream, flail her arms, and kick her legs... and not go pick her up to comfort her. BUT I know that it's what's going to be best. This is the first night she's slept in the crib - but we've been working on her putting herself to sleep for a couple of days. Thank Goodness for video baby monitors. It gives me the freedom to not sit right over her while she screams - but to be able to see exactly what is going on. I could sit here all night and watch her sleep (now that she's stopped crying!)... but I need to head back to bed and get a little rest before we start over again. Being a mom is HARD!

More pictures soon... I promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!