Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's A.....

We've got lots to update about! We had our 19-week ultrasound today and found out that everything is looking great for our little one!!!

We asked the technician to put a "girl" or "boy" card that I had prepared inside of an envelope. Our plan was to go to dinner at Firebird's and open the card then. I kept my eyes closed while the ultrasound was in the girl/boy area ... but Michael didn't do so well on this task! On the way to dinner he said, "I think it's a girl... but I don't really know what I was looking at, or if it was zoomed in or out." It turns out he was right. We were thrilled to see this card when we opened the envelope:


We called our parents & my grandmother. I had sent everyone 2 envelopes - one with pink ribbons & one with blue ribbons. When we called, we said, "Open Envelope #2" and waited for the gleeful squeals. Tomorrow, all of our baby girl's grandparents & her great grandmother will be able to wear their PINK ribbons to let everyone know that they're having a granddaughter!

Last week, I (Julie) felt the baby kick for the first time. What an incredible feeling. I do believe we've got a mover & shaker on our hands! It will still be a while before Michael can feel any kicks, but every time she moves, I say, "Baby's Kicking!" just to let him (or anyone else standing nearby) know. :)

Some more pictures of our little girl:












<-- Face profile of our little angel!










Look at the arrow for proof that we're having a GIRL! -->












<-- She's trying to suck her thumb in this picture. Perhaps taking a break from the aerobics!




You'll have to look carefully, but you can see her left hand waving at us.
"Hi, Mom & Dad!"

1 comment:

  1. Sugar and spice and everything nice...CONGRATULATIONS!!! David, Ollie and I are so thrilled for the two of you. The ultrasound photos are amazing - and I can already tell that our niece is gorgeous, just like her mommy!

    Lots of love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message!